We live in a world of HYPE

I remember my marketing lessons learned vaguely..." A first class product with poor advertising fares worse than an average product with first class advertising"
Harry Porter, I think is one such example. We have thousands of books in India which are classic by any standards. There is huge hype created in west about this book and the young vibrant India ( which is fast loosing it's self identity ) falls prey to such hype.
Today morning I could see a lot of kids and biggies strolling before stores to grab a copy of Harry Porter. I am not sure , it's not a life critical component to be pre-booked and purchased on the same day of release.
I think we (in India ) are also getting into great scale advertising. example is Shivaji..which was released and is on the run recently.
There are many more ' SKIM THE CREAM' and ' SUCK THE BOTTOM OF THE PYRAMID' started stories happening in India. This can't change unless the 'Buyer gets aware' and understands his craze at times makes many people super rich at the cost of his small contributions.

No comments:

Google
Web Point of view